- 1 year of relevant experience would be an advantage;
- Experience in working with business systems would be an advantage;
- College/University degree;
- Fluent in English;
- Upper intermediate or medium in French;
- MS OFFICE knowledge (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
The Commodity Management Assistant will support LS HQ Commodity Managers with collecting dates from suppliers and LS plants. Will also be responsible for updating and analyzing data, preparing reports (eg on suppliers’ performance, pricing lists etc) and reverse auctions bids.
- Update the Leroy Somer Purchasing databases and Material index as per Company’s procedure (eg: suppliers details, price, delivery times etc);
- Conduct regular analysis of component families or sub-families as instructed by EIA Purchasing Team Leader such as Pareto analysis on suppliers’ performance (quality, delivery time etc), on prices (historical price/volume analysis), on stocks etc;
- Support Leroy Somer Commodity Managers in all actions to reduce prices and/or identify the appropriate supplier network on component families or sub-families: prepare RFQs (Requests For Quotations), send RFQs, make a follow-up of all RFQs sent (call suppliers, ask details etc), compare and analyze quotations received and make reports to Leroy Somer Commodity managers with proposal of actions;
- In some circumstances, may assist the Commodity Managers in finding and auditing new suppliers by collecting, analyzing, consolidating information on the global commodities market and preparing all documents for the audit;
- Support in preparing quarterly purchasing reports and KPIs follow-up;
- Performs such other duties that from time to time may be assigned by Leroy Somer Commodity Managers or his/her direct manager.
Leroy Somer is a leading manufacturer of alternators, motors and drive systems. Leroy Somer branded products deliver performance, energy efficiency and reliability across a wide range of demanding industrial and commercial applications.