Under the supervision of the Manufacturing Manager, the Manufacturing Engineer industrializes new manufacturing product; develops, optimizes and improves manufacturing processes by studying products and manufacturing methods in order to reduce costs production (including cycle time and setting time); improves manufacturing adequacy and efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space & safety requirements, and equipment layout.
- Engineer diploma in mechanical, manufacturing or production engineering
- 1 to 2 years in a similar function, if possible in production companies
- Fluent in Romania and English; Hungarian is an asset
- Interpersonal and analyticall skills, positive attitude, enthusiastic and trust worthy
Core competencies (Technical)
- Lean manufacturing methods and its implementation;
- Six-sigma and Manufacturing Quality; 5S, SMED and FMEA
- Tool and layout design; Hardware Specifications
- Data analysis and cost control
- Product development
- Production and process planning and development
- Knowledge of CAD and CAD/CAM
- Time Study
- Ergonomics and safety rules and regulations
Core competencies (Job related)
- Customer Oriented
- Technical savvy
- Decision quality and problem solving method
- Optimize work processes/Plans and aligns
- Communicates effectively; able to transfer knowledge and know-how to less skilled employees
- Be responsible of following, setting and testing the defined machining sequence and equipment for new parts and updating daily the current machining sequences database
- Define & design the necessary manufacturing tools to perform the defined manufacturing sequences (fabrication jig, fixture)
- Prepare and record all technical documentation for the winding and assembling sequences for the production team, including choice of raw material and automation programs equipment;
- Prepare offer and quotation for manufacturing parts
- Support production teams when launching new prototypes in production
- Evaluates and improve current manufacturing sequences by working closely with Leroy Somer Plant and by conducting research programs: applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, safety and ergonomic; contacting equipment vendors if necessary; soliciting feedbacks from operators
- Upon request, providing manufacturing engineering information to production teams
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Prepare the new investments report: technical specifications, AR, documentations, etc
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Performs such other duties that from time to time may be assigned
Control Techniques & Leroy-Somer are leaders in the manufacture of AC, servo and DC variable speed drives, motors, and automation solutions for commercial and industrial applications. Our innovative products are used in the most demanding applications. Founded in 1919 and 1973 respectively Leroy-Somer and Control Techniques have sales exceeding $1.6B and more than 9000 employees worldwide.